DAN DNA is a young and ambitious team that’s innovating the way media agencies work with data. Our team is responsible for managing client data in a smart and efficient way, in order to analyse large data sets fast and build meaningful and actionable insights and dashboards that improve our client’s business. In this role you will develop and maintain our backend that is responsible for gathering and organizing data. You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects for our largest clients, with international colleagues.
What you'll be doing
- Work on the custom ETL and data gathering platform that is tailored for the media industry. The platform is mostly written in Python, SQL and R
- Work on custom data solutions for large customers to produce a custom solution, extract value from gathered data ranging from kpi’s all the way up to processing, log level data that comes out of our digital media, like Google Analytics, DoubleClick, MediaMap, Math, Adobe Analytics etc.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with technology and data suppliers to provide clean and consistent data and keep up to speed with new tools and technologies in the market
- Work closely with the data science team for ad hoc analysis of data sets, and with the research teams on automating returning client reports in dashboard tools
- Provide technical guidance to other dashboard back-end development team members
What do you bring to the table?
- Academic background (HBO or University) in information sciences
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work with large datasets
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to code review to ensure quality standards are being maintained
- You have a curious analytical mind, like to work independently and are pragmatic
- Solid experience working with MySQL, Python;
- Exposure to big data tools like Airflow, BigQuery, Spark
What do we offer?
- An international, dynamic and creative workplace in the centre of media innovation with weekly, monthly and yearly drinks and festivities;
- An Agile work environment where the output is more important than being present in an office;
- We will support you in your ambitions to grow through internal and external training and talent programmes. As well as help you expand beyond the company by building a personal brand through article publications and speaking engagements if you like;
- And of course a good salary, market compliant working conditions, organized lunch at our office canteen, chair massages, boot camps and plenty social activities.