DAN DNA is a young and ambitious team that’s innovating the way media agencies work with data. Our team is responsible for managing client data in a smart and efficient way, in order to analyse large data sets fast and build meaningful and actionable insights and dashboards that improve our client’s business. In this role you will develop and maintain our backend that is responsible for gathering and organizing data. You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects for our largest clients, with international colleagues.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll work on our custom ETL and data gathering platform that is tailored for the Media Industry. The platform is mostly written in Python, SQL and R;
- You’ll work on custom data solutions for our larger customers to produce custom solutions to extract value from the data we gather, ranging from KPI’s all the way up to processing log level data that come out of our digital media, like Google Analytics, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Adobe Analytcs, etc;
- You’ll establish and maintain effective relationships with our technology and data suppliers to provide clean and consistent data, and keep up to speed with new tools and technologies in the market;
- You’ll work closely with our data science team for ad-hoc analysis of data sets and with our research teams on automating returning client reports in dashboard tools.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have an academic background (HBO or University) in information sciences, math or econometrics;
- You have strong analytical skills, working with large datasets is no problem for you;
- You are fluent in at least two of the following languages: MySQL, Python, R, Scala or other statistical analysis software
- You are familiar with Big Data tools like: Airflow, Spark, Elasticsearch, BigQuery;
- You have had exposure to cloud infrastructure, either GCP, AWS or Azure;
- You know your way around a Linux command line;
- We would like it if you know the media industry or agencies but it’s not a requirement;
- You have a curious analytical mind, like to work independently, are pragmatic, like working in a fast-paced environment and are focused on finding the best solution for our clients;
- You’ve exposure to visualisation technologies such as (but not limited to) Tableau, Datorama, Power BI, QlikView.
- Solid experience working with MySQL, Python;
- Exposure to big data tools like Airflow, BigQuery, Spark.
What do we offer?
- An international, dynamic and creative workplace in the centre of media innovation with weekly, monthly and yearly drinks and festivities;
- An Agile work environment where the output is more important than being present in an office;
- We will support you in your ambitions to grow through internal and external training and talent programmes. As well as help you expand beyond the company by building a personal brand through article publications and speaking engagements if you like;
- And of course a good salary, market compliant working conditions, organized lunch at our office canteen, chair massages, boot camps and plenty social activities.